Monday, July 22, 2013

There is nothing like a glowing computer screen and a quiet house.   I love to write in the early mornings because it gives me time alone, to put my thoughts together without having to deal with children arguing, screaming, or David interrupting me about something that is usually unimportant.

Someone told me that I should write a novel.  While that is a very sweet compliment, I only know reality.  My reality is not what I imagined. 

Fiction would be nice.  I'd love to be able to write something that is creative and fun, but my brain only functions in the real world, which is sad because it would be nice to imagine myself away sometime.  Falling down the rabbit's hole like Alice in Wonderland would be a sweet escape from diapers and teething, homework and peanut butter and honey sandwiches. 

I can only write about me.  I have stories to share that, hopefully, if told right can be entertaining enough to forget the fiction.  I don't always have time to write because I can only write when my babies are sleeping but my life is better than fiction.  It's true.  It's in your face. It's reality.  I share it without shame and hope that my readers feel the passion I have for my writing, for what I have to say.  I may not be able to write fiction, but I can tell you stories that are just as entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment