Tuesday, November 22, 2011

So it's been awhile

Ok, so I pretty much suck at blogging.  I'll admit it.  My literary masterpiece of my life is as full of holes as swiss cheese...a little bit here and a little bit there.  No matter.  I'll try my best to catch up and pretend that it hasn't been three months since I wrote last.

There have been so many firsts that I let slide past without sharing.  Ammon's first steps, Ava's first day of "real school," Noah's first day of preschool.  All of these important little milestones and I mentally cataloged them to share, yet, well, here I am.  Three months later and I'm working on it. 

As I said, Ammon started walking shortly after his birthday.  We had a fabulous time at his party.  We had a lot of friends over for a barbecue, water play, a bouncy house and a cake.  The cake was a fail for me.  I was so sure I could pull off a beautiful sun fondant cake because I've watched Cake Boss a thousand times...how hard can it be?  Yeahhhh, I see now why people pay so much for fondant. Instead I created this little number.  I'm pretty sure that it should be making an appearance on the "Cake Fails" blog, but I'm too ashamed to post it. 


Beautiful, isn't it?

After he was finished with it, it didn't look much better.




YUMMY!

Then came the walking.  Unfortunately, he wasn't very good at it at first...


He fell down.  A lot.  And I somehow forgot that the obvious things needed to be babyproofed, like the stinking entertainment center.  I'd like to say that goose-egg was an isolated incident, but no, I have several pictures just like this one.

He's such a good little guy though.  That smile just lights up his entire face. He's also a scrappy little thing.  He has no problem facing off against his older siblings if he wants something.  I see this kid going far in life.

Which brings me to what we'll call FAILED MILESTONE RECORDING #2:  the start of the school year for the kids.  My baby daughter, the one who feels like was just born yesterday but thinks she's on the brink of teenagerism started kindergarten.  How the heck did that happen? 







This is her teacher Mrs. P.  I don't know what the P stands for. I probably should.

Noah got to start Preschool the same week because of his sensory issues.  Sometimes I feel like I only have 2 kids because he spends so much time on his own in his room and never wants to hang out with me.  I guess he realized how uncool I am at the age of three.  Anyway, he has a special IEP that he's working on and he's doing great with it.  He was nervous the first day but now he loves it and is always eager to go.  He's in the "Friendly Frog" class. 





There's his friendly frog. 


The BEST news with Noah is he's finally potty-trained.  Well, mostly. He still has accidents every now and again (like last night...but we won't go there). 


Right after school started, my mom, grandma, and sister flew out to visit.  David and I raced the Air Force 10k while they were here.  Well, racing isn't exactly correct.  I ran/walked it while trying not to die from my asthma.  I was sucking it up pretty bad and our time was horrible but I survived.  We took a family trip to Nauvoo, Illinois.  It was an adventure.  We stayed in a log cabin.  This was the view from my bed...it kind of scared me.  It was one of those "how many ways can I kill you from the weapons in this cabin? sort of deals."


This picture just cracks me up everytime I see it.  If you notice, she's violating every rule that's posted on that motor cart.  Not only is she outside, she's carrying around Ammon.  I'm not complaining though because he loved the darn thing. 

As for David, well, we got exciting news last month.  He will be promoted in the spring to the rank of Captain.  This comes at a good time seeing that we are scheduled to PCS to Tucson, Arizona in the early summer.  I'm kind of looking forward to both of these changes and I'm proud of David for not letting his commander get him down...but again, I won't go there.  Good for you, Dave. 

Want to see something impressive?  I grew these!! 


Yep, those came straight from my garden.  This was an accomplishment because five years ago, I couldn't keep a plant alive to save me.  Now I'm turning into Glenda the Gardener.  I'll take it. 

It's 6:31 a.m. and I've been up since 3:30 a.m.  I just couldn't sleep anymore so I figured I had two choices:  finish folding the laundry or catch up my blog.  You can see which direction I went...so if anyone feels like folding about 80 loads of laundry, please feel free to visit at anytime. 



No comments:

Post a Comment